Beyond the Turnstile
Sports. Nothing but sports.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Bring Back the Hockey! PLEASE!

Sure, there are a lot of reasons I miss hockey, but one of the biggest? My Yahoo! NHL News Feed keeps giving me these stupid "Avalanche Moments" -- key moments in recent Colorado Avalanche history. Now I don't harbor the kind of visceral hatred for the Avalanche that my sister -- a devoted Red Wings fan -- keeps in her bowels at all times. But the truth is I don't give two shits about the Avalanche.

And it's not like they're also giving us "Maple Leafs Moments" (my team) or "Blackhawks Moments" (Kevin's team). Nope. Just the Avalanche. I don't care much about the Avalanche when they're playing, so what makes them think I'd care about them now? Claude Lemiuex started a fight two years ago -- big furry deal! Why do I want to relive that?

If there's nothing to report, just admit it, already! Until then, shut up about the Avalanche, before I discover what my sister's hatred is really all about!

/rant

1 Comments:

Blogger jabartlett said...

Two words, my friend: College hockey. Faster game, less fighting, more passion. College Sports TV on satellite carries games regularly. ESPN has actually shown a few college hockey highlights on Sportscenter in recent weeks, also--if they had any sense, they'd pick up entire games. Of course they'd have to cut back on the damn World Series of Poker, so I'm not holding my breath.

November 11, 2004 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

E-Mail
sports blogs
links
our favourite teams
archives